View Single Post
      08-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
It's not going to compete with them when it's saddled with a retractable hardtop and weighting 3500-3600lbs. The E89 has been less of a focused sports car, and more of a GT. A Z4M can be $80k, but it needs to be rewound to the Z3M/Z4M in terms of mission.
Agreed the current E89 is heavier than I would like it to be and I've already posted my wish list of things to change.

Curious if any other posters have tracked E89. I am pretty clear that the E89 is a street car / cruiser but it is not horrible to track (other than the insufficient engine cooling!!) and with similar tires it would be interesting to see how much pace (if any) E89 would give up compared to E85/6 M

All that said, 3500lb and retractable roof are not insurmountable. Jag F type is an interesting example of a heavy roadster with big power and the correct equipment that is doing well for itself with the journalists

EDIT: I thought of another change request.. the launch control. Please have it so that it cuts timing (and makes cool noises) to limit wheel spin and have the adjustable rpm setting so that it is not a 4000rpm clutch dump with a lot of wheel spin. On the stock tires, I am able to cut a better (but still poor) 60ft with the gearbox in D mode and car in sport+ rather than using the launch control

Last edited by nicknaz; 08-29-2013 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0