View Single Post
      09-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #2909
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Dude! You better throw a patten on that thing or something. What a sweet idea! Seems so normal that i'm shocked no one has one on the market. My brother was born with CP and would have loved something off road like that.

Am i understanding that it will function with weight transfer just like a segway?
It is patented. I bought it as a kit. The guy who invented it is a double amputee down in Arizona. It's called the Ally Chair. There are several versions of Segway seats out there, but the market is tiny, and the stuff is expensive, even before you try to certify it as a "medical" product, which it isn't. The guy who builds them basically got discouraged and gave it up as a viable business, but still does orders once in a while for disabled veterans with the parts he has left.

It works just like a normal Segway, lean forward to go forward, lean backward to stop or back up. The handle is used to steer. The other handle deploys the outriggers when you stop and put it into standby for mounting and dismounting.

Ally complete by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 0