Kuwen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuwen View Post
Please put me in the category of people who are 100% satisfied/excited with the size of the upcoming M3/M4 as it can actually be used as a car for four people.
You are in the majority of the general population. Probably in the bottom 50% of the so called 'enthusiast" population that frequents this board though.

I think most people would prefer the M4/M3 size if they use it for more daily duty than an extra car that they don't plan on taking more than 1 passenger.

Of course, not sure why many people would choose a 1 series size M car as anything other than their weekend cruiser. It's not a very practically sized car to move more than 2 people in. And if you can afford an extra 'fun' car, why not go for a Porsche or something even more performance oriented given the M4 isn't exactly cheap.
I would agree with your assessment, if I only needed 2 seats I think my focus would shift heavily towards a Z06/Z07 (Corvettes were my first love as a teenager) or something really tidy like a Cayman. But what makes the M3 so brilliant is that I'm really sacrificing very little and at least in my own mind, that's what makes an M an M.
Appreciate 0