TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
That is not what He said.

He said you really have to ring it out, to get to the torque/make use of the torque, unlike the ST, which has it available nearly anywhere in the powerband.

Just like the E92 M3, you have to look like a d-bag, just to pass, or merge... because you have to ring the engine out, causing everyone else on the highway to look at the d-bag in the BMW.

Turbo engines don't have the d-bag built-in.
What I quoted in my post was a literal transcription from the video at 4:10. Not only is it what he said, it is exactly what he said.

I really do appreciate what he had to say about the Fiesta ST, and I'm even trying to find one at a local dealer so I can test drive one. Unfortunately, Matt felt like he needed to down-play the M3 in order to express his feelings about the Fiesta ST. I thought that was a bit silly and melodramatic considering the caliber of car that the E46 M3 is (according to just about everyone with a clue).

To be clear, I wouldn't find any fault with someone choosing the Fiesta ST over a used E46 M3. No fault at all, but that doesn't make the E46 M3 a mediocre car.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0