View Single Post
      02-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #82
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz5150 View Post
"BMW's 3-cylinder turbocharged engine is expected to power most of the Active Tourer models, with a more powerful 4-cylinder 235i Active Tourer model also speculated."

Its ok, if these FWD cars make it to the US, I'm not going to buy one so....
I got news for BMW NA, they better not bring these over with 3cyl engines. They are not going to sell well at all.
Its 4cyl or stay in Europe/rest of the world. The US, does not like 3cyl or 5cyl.
You've got news... please, the VAG 5cyl was one of the best, most reliable engines that they ever introduced into this marketplace... but for CAFE, it'd still be here... Also, lets not forget the T5s that Audi (Quattro, TTRS, etc.) and Volvo have been flogging for decades.

The irony is that this is the type of thinking that would have kept a compact sport sedan out of this market in the 60s, "the BMW 2002? 4-doors and a 4cyl engine?... it'll never work in the US... people like their sports cars to be huge 2-door coupes with push-rod V8s".

We're enthusiasts- lets remember to see the forest through the trees. This brand still makes some of the best, most accessible sports (and sporting) cars in the world. Sure, other brands are catching up- but only because BMW forced them to.

If they whiff on the M-cars, or even the bread and butter 2, 3 and 4-series base cars- give them hell. But what they do around the edges to fund R&D and keep from being a feather in Geely's cap... should be just fine with us.

Last edited by Roundown; 02-13-2014 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0