Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC335is View Post
It's interesting, I truthfully hadn't picked up on the horizon being off on the sea scape, it absolutely is and I do need to correct that. With regards to the road photo, BrokenVert and M_Six are actually correct that the clouds are oddly shaped, as well as the road being along the volcanic ridge.

The clouds in the photo are actually a really strange cluster than are perpetually hanging around the top of the volcano on the island, this is due to the trade winds that come in. The horizontal break line near the bottom third of the photo is truly level, and the rest of the angles are the natural slope of the volcanic ridge and odd trade wind clouds.

I definitely appreciate the feedback though (I am by no means a terrific photographer, I'm still quite novice and doing quite of bit of experimenting still), and I like the discussion that this has sparked.
Thanks for joining back in.

It's not too unusual for a horizon to be ambiguous, which this one certainly is, even if it may indeed be accurate.

I guess the point is, the photographer should always consider the horizon. Is it clear and, if so, is it level? If not, is the viewer likely to think that I didn't intend it to be level?

When doing my Raw conversion, I turn on grid-lines in my Raw converter and put any obvious horizon next to the grid line for a second, to make sure it's level.

Dave