06-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #77
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 m3 SSII Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmo1985 View Post
If you really want to compare Football to a real mans team sport try Rugby...no helmets and body armor there and hits just as hard.

I completely get what your saying though. There has been way too much play acting going on at this world cup and football(soccer) in general. Its got much worse over the last 2-3 years i've noticed. The refs and FA's need to start seriously clamping down on it as its pathetic.
No doubt about it. Rugby players are balls-to-the-wall tough. We don't get much rugby coverage where I live but what little I've seen has not included endless attempts to fake an injury. Those guys, like American football players, consider themselves tough as nails and I don't think their egos would allow injury faking. That's what is so confounding about soccer. Those guys view themselves as elite athletes with outsized egos so I don't see how they can fake an injury to the point of rolling around in the fetal position appearing as if they are crying.

As a counter to my criticism, the games I've watched so far have been very entertaining.
Appreciate 0