ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoIam View Post
haha there are actually some 1 lovers I do find a little funny. As I have said before I like both the 1 and the 3 and could get either one.

My point has always been that it would not be such a bad thing if it did weight 200lbs less or handled better. It might signal a change in how BMW is looking at there cars. I never ever (for myself that is) tried to be holier then thou.

The part that I don’t get is such a resistance to think the other way on some of the cars possible virtues. The possibly better brakes, the hope (even though little at this point) that BMW could actually produce something smaller and lighter and the nice fact on top of that is it maybe cheaper as well.

Those are the only points, no matter how hopeful; I for one would like to see BMW succeed at. But if others here don’t want that, that’s fine, but post a real reason why other then it’s ugly.
Bro if it did handle like a champ and weigh 200lbs less, like it should because the 1 series chassis is noticably smaller than the 3 series, then fine. It is what it is which would be a nimble, fast, impressive vehicle thats tailored to the younger crowd.

BUT ITS NOT! I'm not an engineer, I dont know why the car weighs so much. All the reviews contradict the claims of future 1 series owners who continually post information that is incorrect. Yes its smaller so one might assume its this amazing track car, but wheres the proof? Yes the fact that the car comes with 6 pot brakes is awesome, but its not like the brakes on the 335 is garbage and if you wanted to upgrade you can at anytime from one of these vendors.