View Single Post
      07-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #93
Rbezzz
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkdog View Post
I concur with many on here... the thought of piping in engine noise is fodder for laughs; I think it's ridiculous and stupid. But it wouldn't stop me from driving the car, and enjoying it!

One has to remember that we are the minority; we are the 1 percenters who know our car's owner's manual front to back, and my wife says I look at other peoples' cars the way I look at other peoples' wimmen

The average BMW owner is not an enthusiast. I see them every day with their dust-packed wheels and untinted windows. It's just a car. They see 'active sound' on the window sticker and say to themselves, "Well, at least I know the stereo'll sound good!" and then when they feed the pedal they hear the 'engine' and like the car.

So for me, it's like Comfort Access or Memory Seats - I just don't care.
I did a BMW M drive day which is quite a bit of money here in AUS. I was there with 10 other owners all with decent M3's, comp packs etc. every car in the car park had lost barely any rubber on the the tyres and they all said things like "oh no couldn't drive it every day'.

Many on the track just had absolutely no idea. And not just in the sense of track experience, just driving hard experience. These guys would be deadly on public roads without full traction control.

The fact is there are so many owners out there that have different motivations. Completely effed up motivations but they buy the cars none the less..
Appreciate 0