07-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru335i View Post
The N54 was meant to be turboed from the factory and the S65 was not...there was a lot of engineering that went into making the N54 a turbo engine.
The S65 is strong and people make good power with superchargers but they also have their own slew of issues (rod bearings) and will be more expensive to fix if something breaks.
The M3 is a great car for many other reasons but you already put KW's and an LSD in the 335i, that will be a solid setup with RB's.
Don't get me wrong. I like my N54, but I have not seem a huge amount of issues with the S65 even when boosted. Sure the N54 is bulletproof...but it can have fuel issues, water pump, turbos, the auto can't hold that much power, be familiar with changing plugs and coils, injectors...hell basically anything that isn't internal engine can fail on these cars. Also there are quite a few blown motor threads for the N54, most were running too much timing so there's that.

Anyway, if I had the money to do whatever, I would consider a Supercharged M3. Though now I would just go new M4
Appreciate 0