07-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #39
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshortguy View Post
You say BMW forgot what an M car is then proceed to go on a tangent about mustangs vs. standard 3 series with no actual statements as to why BMW has suddenly forgotten what an M car is. Has anyone ever tried to make a price to performance comparison with mustangs or any american muscle cars?
They forgot to make it a competitor outside of other M cars, thats what. How is a $63k+ M car suppose to perform against a ~$37k-$40k Mustang? When the Mustang is on par or faster than a M car? So what if the M has all these "luxurious" things? Does it make it truly better? Not everyone wants keyless start, Nav, leather seats, alcantara whatever, carbon this, carbon that, side/top cameras, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, etc......Most people want a true, almost bare bones drivers car.

Maybe the new M3/M4 will up the game but we'll have to wait and see.

I bought my 135i not because its a BMW, not because it has all of this "luxurious" stuff. I had a couple of things on my list of my next new car; heated seats, sunroof, decent power, good handling and manual. But, I would have also jumped on a Boss 302 if I could have bought it at or below MSRP.
Appreciate 0