View Single Post
      07-25-2014, 11:47 PM   #270
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

agreed.

as you said in the previous post, the next step is to have someone who REALLY knows what they are doing look at it.

unfortunately for me, that means about 100KM from where i am located... including leaving the car there for at least 1 night :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
I want to reply to this specifically. I went back and listened to all the videos in the first post. Trust me, the sound you're hearing is not the same sound that a lot of people here are describing. The one video where it sounds like a single "clink" sound is actually just a really short series of the rapid clatter.

I'm not a mechanic by trade, but I've rebuilt entire engines, tearing them down to the engine block. I've even rebuilt a transmission before, which is a fucking nightmare btw. I'm not trying to make myself out to be some kind of expert, I'm not, but I have a feeling that a lot of people in this thread lack even a basic understanding of how engines work. You've got to be really careful whose advice you take on the internet. Just because two things sound similar to a layman, doesn't mean they are related.

It's like when someone says "the internet is down". The internet is not actually down, but from a layman's perspective, they can't access any websites, so to them "it's down". The truth is that there is some detailed thing wrong, that only a person with the appropriate insight in to the operation of computer networks can even see, because they know where to look. There's a lot of "the internet is down" going on in this thread.
Appreciate 0