View Single Post
      08-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #133
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ihp View Post
I am a Hamilton fan and i do think he is the more skilled driver but you are also wrong.. some of the moves hamilton has done on him to defend and overtake have crossed the line and rosberg has been very conservative about it.What Rosberg did at spa was just horrible driving and he has copped criticism about it from everyone.There was simply no explanation for it and i think it was more out of frustration because hamilton overtook him fair and square and nico knew at that point he was not going to win the race.
I dunno, someone who can navigate Monaco at speeds to win an F1 race ( twice ) should easily be quick enough in the head and hands to calculate the move to avoid hitting Hamilton here, if he wants and it's a priority. If you look at Rosberg's right front wheel he does straighten up when Hamiltion changes direction to avoid getting over run by his left rear wheel. He could just have stayed there until clear, I don't think he is even at full braking power, just a bit more brake and Ham would clear in a blink of an eye. Again the brain processes these situation with lighting speed and these guys are experienced experts. The streets of Monaco for a full race demands much, much more than to avoid hitting HAM here. Furthermore he is fresh and alert at lap 2 and HAM does absolutely nothing unexpected or sudden, his driving is very predictable here. It does look like he cuts straight for the tire and his body language and comments after the race was not from someone confident in it being a 50/50 racing incident. I.e I think there's more to it than just bad driving.

Last edited by solstice; 08-25-2014 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 0