View Single Post
      09-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #299
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Chris on the RC-F (a not so glowing review)

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=30817

Quote:
There was much talk about the RC F's track abilities in Mr Yaguchis's preamble the night before, but it takes just two turns to realise those words were probably unwise. The RC F is a heavy car that struggles to cloak its mass. In terms of direction changes, turn-in and brakes, the new M4 runs rings around it.
Quote:
Even with a claimed 392lb ft, it seems strangely flat exiting second gear corners, and at no point does the car feel anything like as quick as the BMW. The outgoing C63 507 would disappear in a straight line too.
Quote:
Most importantly, given the 4,800rpm torque peak, this is a £60,000 hot coupe which could easily be handed some manners by an M235i. And I'm not sure that's the way things should be.
Quote:
To channel the great R Burgundy - this new Lexus is badly under-gunned. Which in a class that has quietly become a repository for small German muscle cars, is something of a worry.
Quote:
in the States, you tend to either drive on perfectly smooth surfaces, or completely broken ones. And over the latter it won't come as a surprise to learn that the RC F crashes about.

On the smooth stuff it's firm, but controlled. I'd say it was more supple than an RS4, but less so than an M4 in its Comfort damper setting.
Quote:
I simply love the cabin - in many ways it represents what I want from a fast Lexus...
But why go to all this effort, then design some special front seats and not allow them to drop low enough? Yep, you sit too high in this car, and that's a big minus-point for me.
Quote:
BMW can rest easy, and Lexus has probably arrived at a 2014 party in 2008 clothes
Appreciate 0