View Single Post
      11-18-2014, 08:14 PM   #107
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by i001947 View Post
When the Z4 costs as much as a 5 series 550i or a M3 who can justify buying it. I couldn't so I bought my M3 instead.

The same argument can be made with buying any car that costs $75k plus.

BMW is guilty of cannibalism with all of these variations.
FYI even though Z4 sticker is similar to M3 the actual transaction prices are a LOT less, especially for a lease. E89 Z4 has huge discounts off MSRP and very high residuals. When I was shopping E92 M3 lease was almost 2x that of E89 Z4 even though MSRP were similar.

When the price gets to $75k plus I think the issue for BMW sports cars is Porsche and Corvette Z06

@SCOTT26 Can you please try and get us a hardtop Z5M with a carbon fiber fixed roof and the S55 from the F80? I will get that one without the need for big discounts! This time around the E89 Z4 was too softcore (limp modes so easily at the track and at least 500lb too heavy) and I would have gotten Porsche if not for the discounts on Z4

When I can lease Z435 for similar price as 135, why not get a Z4 since the performance is the same anyway, but it would be much better if I wanted to drop everything to get a Z4 because of the epic track performance
Appreciate 0