12-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #577
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-F30 View Post
This political correctness bullshit is starting to get really fucking old now. Between these crazy religions and black people bitching that white cops are racist.

The Satanic Temple obviously does this for reaction.

Did people forget that Christmas is practiced by Christians and Hanukah is by Jews?

Or is Christmas now just any old holiday that people of no faith can still celebrate? If so, they're missing the point of what Christmas means, and the history behind it.
Agreed on the points about political correctness and the reaction grab however I don't think that only Christians are entitled to Christmas. Speaking as an atheist who celebrates Christmas part of the reason is that everybody else does and it's a lonely time of the year if you refuse to partake. The biggest reason though is the proverbial "spirit of the season." Taking the time to think of people and visit with family, take a break from the drudgery of the every day and have something special to share with others. Sure we each have different faiths and their corresponding rites but the spirit of them is fairly universal in my estimation, even for those who have no faith to celebrate. I just leave the Jesus part out of mine and celebrate togetherness instead.
Appreciate 0