07-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #256
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
Or, could it be that Porsche listened to it's customers that demand a more engaging, analog experience in a GT car? That's what Andreas Preuninger said.
I think I'll take his word for it. He may know more than we do.
Maybe he does... maybe he knows that a PDK equipped GT4 starts to outperform the 991s, and they don't want that to happen anymore than BMW wants the M2 to outperform the M3/4.*

I am actively shopping both Cayman GTS and M2 for my next fun car... Fun will be the operative word. Based on my personal driving experiences on the track and otherwise I will be selecting a car with PDK or M-DCT.

I am glad so many of you like manual that you keep the market open for them here in the US. When I want to row my own, I take out one of my old vehicles with MT and do it. However, not for a second do I see them as better performing. When this performance split gets big enough, car makers will be forced to make a hard decision of which tranny to build -- I think they should select the higher performer -- like they did on the F10/F12s. For the entry level M-cars and P-cars, that remains to be seen.

*An addendum, the clever and innovative way around this is are the CSL/GTS Monikers... How those play out in performance/transmission/cost Will be interesting to watch the coming months