View Single Post
      02-04-2016, 07:53 AM   #15
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Can someone confirm for me if this is a list of Blues that were/are M only blue paint options? Id like to make a poll of which is the most liked, but want to make sure the list is complete first.

LeMans Blue
Estoril Blue
Interlagos Blue
Monaco Blue
San Marino Blue
Frozen Dark Blue
Yas Marina Blue
Laguna Seca Blue
Atlantis Blue
Tanzinite Blue
As already mentioned, you are missing Monte Carlo blue and Long Beach Blue.

Tanzanite Blue is not an M color. It is a BMW Individual Collection color and was never exclusive to M models. You can see it on a 6 here:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/e...ollection.html

Of course that doesn't prove it wasn't originally exclusive to M, but I am nearly 100% sure it never was. In fact, as far as I know, no Individual Collection paint finishes started out as regular production colors, M or otherwise.

Atlantis Blue also did not originate as an M color as far as I know. I tried to find it's original model, but don't have more time to Google. However, it was definitely seen on non-M E36 models. I don't know if it existed before that.

Frozen Dark Blue is another BMW Individual Collection color that was never exclusive to M as far as I know.

Also, I believe you meant "Macao" rather than "Monaco". The former was an E30 M3 exclusive color, while I don't think Monaco debuted on an M vehicle.

Updated List in rough chronological order:

Macao Blue
LeMans Blue
Avus Blue
Estoril Blue
Laguna Seca Blue
Interlagos Blue
Monte Carlo Blue
San Marino Blue
Yas Marina Blue
Long Beach Blue

There may be others from the E30 M3, E36 M3, E12 M535i, E28 M5, E34 M5 and other pre-E46 era M products missing from the list. Not sure.
Appreciate 0