View Single Post
      06-21-2016, 05:42 PM   #180
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Again, BY FAR the biggest risk at any event where you do not have liability coverage through your own policy (or in the case of NC policies very limited liability coverage) is you incurring personal injury liability for another person(s) at the event. Hence the reason way back on page one I stressed for people to carefully review their policy since policies are state-specific and not company specific in terms of allowable coverage, and understand exactly what your legal obligations will be in case the unthinkable happens, and you're at fault. Yes BMW would be sued in that case also (deep pockets), but don't expect them to shield you in any way (not that they could anyway).

Damaging BMW's cars or property are trivial (even if they charged you for it which they don't unless you perform an intentional/criminal act of some sort) compared to the injury/death liability claim. The fact that a defendant signed a document stating they have coverage when most all of them do not would be an interesting side show I'm sure.

Hopefully something positive will come out of pending personal injury lawsuits in progress now in relation to the NC insurance policy change, but I imagine any outcome is years away.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 1