07-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #96
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocans View Post
For the record, it's not an "Ivy League business axiom," nor is it really an axiom in the literal sense, it's a well-rooted principle of corporate law in the United States that corporate directors and officers owe fiduciary duties to shareholders (the owners of the corporation). To effect any kind of change in these duties would require undoing various state statutes and case law that have been in place for well over a hundred years, it's not a new philosophy by any means. Granted, I'm not a German attorney so I can't really speak to the fiduciary duties of directors and officers in German entities.
But it get's translated into increasing the stock price of a corporation by artificial means. Since most of the people who run wall street and influence the laws of the United States regarding corporate operation are from the Ivy League, I still hold it to be an Ivy League axiom. And those duties you speak of supported in law are to run the company ethically and protect stock holders. However in today's stock market, it's been my experience that under the moniker of corporations have a duty to its stock holders, the markets artificially manipulate stock prices so that top stock holders make windfalls off the sale of corporations and no-tax spin-offs (I've been through two since 2011). These actions leave the purchasing corporations riddled with debt to the point where they have no capital, deprecating assets, and a depreciating workforce that are unable to use those assets to create any wealth.

I'm no Bernie supporter by any means, but more of a true capitalistic operation of the markets would be nice.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 07-30-2016 at 06:58 AM..
Appreciate 0