View Single Post
      07-28-2016, 01:58 AM   #98
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I had extensive driving experience behind the previous generation CTS-V coupe and sedan on track also. I was impressed with those cars thought they came up a bit short on few categories compared to the M5 or M6. But were still bang for the buck in comparison.

I have heard good stuff about the new breed of CTS-V or ATS-V cars. I will be getting to drive some very soon during a cadillac event. I hope you are right.

As for American cars I am already loving the C7 stingray and like the GT350 a lot. I am not only buy German car type guy. I am an enthusiast, so who ever makes better car that is geared towards enthusiast I will just gravitate towards that brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo111 View Post
Closest modern car to the classic BMWs:
http://www.cadillac.com/v-series.html

To those who say they would never consider buying an American car, drive it. I used to swear I would only buy German. Emotions about brand loyalty run strong, most especially among enthusiasts like us. I understand there are those who will never consider an American car, mostly because American cars used to be so horrible.

I've said this before - it must have been hell to work as an engineer / product manager / marketing person in Detroit in the 70s and 80s, being forced to build crap by bean counters like the ones directing the strategy at BMW today. Now, those formerly young Detroit employees are Directors, EVPs, and CXOs. I'm of the opinion they have a huge chip on their shoulder from the painful memories of the past, and have something big to prove.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 07-29-2016 at 02:35 AM..
Appreciate 0