View Single Post
      09-01-2016, 03:27 PM   #30
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopal View Post
The 3 series (which I think is BMW'S best product) is down by a whopping 42% That's shocking. The 3 series, particularly the 340 and its inline 6, have the best powertrain and engines in the segment, it's just a shame BMW refuses to change the outdated looking interior, which is why BMW fans like me, is now driving Mercedes C450 AMG.
I personally think BMW has a better interior product than Audi. I also think that even if the interior were a factor, that is not the reason for the sales issue. The reason is that the typical 3 series drives like a Camry but it priced north of $50K. There is nothing special about driving most BMWs today - they have dulled all of the sharpness out of them because that's what they assumed we wanted (Lexus was kicking their butt 4 years ago and so they must be what everyone wanted - right?). Today, Audi is the car to beat - they drive better and in spite of their terrible lease deals, they keep selling more each month. Even MB which has not been doing too well with the reviews (and has that new gawd awful afterthought of a screen stuck to the dashboard) is doing well - because they are unique and drive as such too. Short of an incredible lease, the reasons to pick up a BMW are dwindling. Maybe the new 5-series will put them back in the right direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
I guess that begs the question from someone not well versed in leases

When you lease a car who retains ownership?

Is it the dealer or BMW?
The leasing company is the owner of the car. That could be(and often is) BMW Financial or some other leasing company.
Appreciate 0