440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpshikhar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ur31337 View Post
To me, it looks like the whole dash came forward to meet the driver in the 5 series photo. Look at the rocker panel compared to the other two. To be fair, the platform is quite aged. Still disconcerting though.
I mean, you really can't tell anything about the crash by just looking at the pictures. Crashes can be of various types and a zillion factors determine the condition of the car and the person. Factors like, road angle, force, speed, weight of the car and million others.
It COULD not be that bad as it looks, not trying to defend any company and their standards here. But crash tests can vary in nature. What if the Hyundai and MB were crashed at 30mph and the 5er at 40mph ? Just an example. So, we really cannot predict the outcome of a crash test just by analyzing the pictures.
what are you talking about? this is a controlled test environment. all the cars are crashed at the same speed at the same angle by the nhtsa and the iihs in North America.
The BMW 5 series has always had a poor or below crash test rating in a few generations now from what I recall. BMW has to step up their efforts in this area that is for sure.
Appreciate 3
bcoz80.50
iatacs19462.50