View Single Post
      01-03-2017, 05:09 PM   #88
1spirit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Wow appreciate all the info, bradleyland

I wasn’t aware of those issues with Fanatec - thanks for the heads up. Now I’d rather wait for their product to be licensed and supported by Sony. Looking forward to Gran Turismo Sport on the PS4.

That is very invaluable stuff you’ve learned from sim racing - it seems to have enlightened you about what’s truly important in the driving experience and understanding the certain character of a car that best delivers joy to you as a driver. That's awesome

I drove a Miata for the first time last year on an autocross course, and I was so pleasantly surprised at how fun it was at the limit. The car rotates very nicely with such precision and control. Also being able to swing the rear out at extreme angles with just trail braking (aggressive) and at slow speeds was so satisfying. Afterwards I immediately wanted to own one, but then realized I didn’t fit comfortably when the roof was down. It may be low in power but has a lot of character.

I've heard good things about the cars you mention by fast experienced drivers and coaches. Especially the E30's which I would have overlooked if it weren't for their praise.
Appreciate 1