Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
After completing the tips from top to bottom with a wet #0000 I finished rinsing and drying each tip. Once dry, I began to do a once over with a new dry #0000 to get an even finish.

Overall I am very happy with the brushed look. It is nice and uniform and suits the overall look.

Tackling the insides was a process of modifying a wire brush used for copper pipes. Although it was more abrasive than I intended, it was actually modified to have the two steel wools I was using wrapped around the end. It made quick work of the inside and gave it an nice finish as well.

Having completed one side of the exhaust, I am pleased with the results. I have put approximately 1.5 hrs in so far and I am glad that I have been able to restore them to a finish that was better than I expected.

Good job ! And congrats with the result of your work
But finally it's all about maintenance , I mean I really wonder how your exhaust tips ended up looking like shit and full of carbon contamination..

My exhaust tips still look like new after 35K miles , probably because I give them a quick polish after every hand wash with this..

Maintenance is the keyword...
I couldn't agree more. I have only had the car for about 5000km. The previous 60,000km or 6 years was probably nil for any maintenance. It will be much easier to stay on top of this when I maintain the rest of the car.

My fingers are sore :
Appreciate 1