Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2th View Post
"Another reason is power. Manual transmissions and dual-clutch autos have difficulty handling extremely torquey engines which, with turbochargers taking over, are becoming more and more common"

Really? so the writer is claiming the automatic transmission is better than manual to handle high power and torque? I always thought it is the manual transmission can handle stress better ?
Maybe he means automatics are better and more reliable for the customers to drive so that we (Bmw)don't have to pay for driver error issues that result in transmission/clutch warranty repairs for Bmws that put out more than 450 hp and high torque. Follow the moneys.

I'll stop buying Bmw when manuals go away. At that point might as well go EV
Not to mention easier and quicker for a service department to diagnose ( plug in computer to DX auto box - tell customer trans has failed and needs an entire new unit ) vs a manual which many have a minor issue like a clutch master or slave cylinder , throw out bearing or just worn clutch disc, all of which provide less profit in parts for the parts department when they fail.

I can only imagine the number of people that simply trade in their vehicle when faced with an automatic transmission repair bill.
Appreciate 1
Jklad422.00