Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 AlpineWeiss 3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance View Post
Hey Team!

Picked up my first M car last week and thought I would jump on to the forum for some helpful advice and to catch up with a few like minded M'ers. Previous vehicles to this included things like WRX, EVO, 350Z, MPS, Senator, Golf R, as well as a CBR600RR and a Ducati 848. Most recently I off loaded my 10 month old Focus RS in order to snap up the current ride (yes I'm a bit of a car slut!).

The new ride won't be a stranger to these forums as it was previously owned by a member, and I have been in his ear for the last 2 years waiting for him to decide to upgrade. It is a Jerez Black E90 DCT M3, currently running the titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Afe pro intake & filter, Eibach pro kit, ESS tune to engine & DCT, plus some carbon fibre goodies.

So far I'm loving it, and learning all the little ///M nuances. To date I've replace the reversing globes with LED ones, replace the tint due to some scratches, and it is booked in for a full paint correction and protection...will be magnificent after that (just need to get some new plates on it). Oh, and then of course there is the whole RB issue....and yes I understand that forums are akin to googling medical symptoms, but I think I will probably bite the bullet on that in the next 12 months (currently 55k on the clock)

Looking forward to meeting some of you

Welcome!

The tint scratches are common in E90s apparently due to the double seal arrangement in the door. I have moleskin strips to stick on to try to avoid dirt scratching my tint when I get it replaced.

As for bearings, just get oil analysis done and watch the levels every 5,000
Appreciate 0