View Single Post
      05-10-2017, 05:20 PM   #12
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
I saw this post and wasn't going to comment because it's hope versus speculation and there is no current Z9 in development and there will most likely not be in the near future thus a taboo and pointless topic/thread. Having said that, here I am drawn into the conversation.

The Z8 was the "8" simply because it was the highest number and thus top model of BMW at the time. It was a Z car because it was a roadster. It had a central instrument cluster and unique grill because it was to be the spiritual ancestor to the 507. A Z9 is nowhere on the product planning sheet, especially since even the 6-Series roadster and coupe are on the current chopping block. I don't even think they've registered the "Z9" trademark.

LOL at the irony....interesting it has started so many replies and conversation.

Hence why the Z9 won't come to any fruition.

Bond chopped that car in half within minutes of it being in the film. We hardly got to see it in action. Such a shame.
The BMW Z8 used in "The World is not Enough" for close-ups was a prototype, as well as miniatures and another car (Corvette?) with a Z8 body. The actual car was not ready when they started to film in early 1998.
3GFX722.50