SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
Not really. My wife was a Bond Girl in the film featuring the Z8 and I went to the cast party just before the film premiered in London. I sat next to Pierce Brosnan at the party. (He's also a neighbor here in Malibu, and our kids went to private school together.)

Being a BMW aficionado, I asked Pierce what he thought of the Z8. He said he "hated them." (There were several he drove.) He said BMW offered him one to drive when they were sold in the U.S. and that he turned BMW down.

I was deflated.

But imagine how happy I was a few years later when Pierce drove some specially equipped Aston Martin Vanquish models in the follow up Bond film. Pierce really wanted one of those Vanquish Aston Martins and he asked Ford Motor Co. They turned him down.
With the prices of the Z8 now, I bet he wished he had taken one. I know a couple who weren't happy with how their investments were going, so last year they bought a pair of Z8s speculating that the price of those cars would go up faster than the market. That was before the Orange One, not sure how far ahead they are at this point, if at all. They originally wanted to invest in a 507 and attended a few auctions, but the prices were way above their price point.

Appreciate 0