11-03-2017, 11:54 AM   #45
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
well, in that case go for it, I would use oe parts, however. Stock vehicles retain their value much better then modified, and as you said, those parts are available now
I have all of the stock parts on shelves in my garage so that if it came to it, I could return the car to stock - minus the chassis reinforcements. An e36 without chassis reinforcements is a disaster waiting to happen. All of my performance mods are simple bolt-ons so going back to stock is easy. That's the best thing about the S50 engine, a few bolt-ons brings it safely from 240hp to 300hp. Whereas with the S52, you'd have to do forced induction to get that kind of power increase which kills the engine. OBD I

So at the moment I'm thinking, get it fixed. That leaves me with a repair bill of around $14,000. Then, the question is how much extra to do the rest of the car. That's a guessing game until the restoration shop can see the car. And getting them to see it is not a cheap venture, they're 100 miles away. That's going to be an expensive tow.
Appreciate 0