View Single Post
      11-04-2017, 06:44 AM   #1
icejim74
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 - BMW 320D MSport Touring

Unhappy F31 Touring Tailgate Problem 62 plate

Hi, My first post on this forum. I have got a tailgate problem. It suddenly stopped working the other day. The main tail gate would not lift from key fob/hand sensor on the lid. It judders like it want to move and doesn't. At the time the glass lid was working and still locked. I took it into my local BMW garage and they told me it needs a new locking mechanism. They said it was dirty and contaminated. I live near the beach so can I accept that. They cleaned it and got it functioning again, but only lasted for 2 days after paying out over £130.00. Current status is the tailgate is now doing the same but the glass lid is also not opening. Complete lock down.

I am concerned they have not diagnosed the fault fully and I am expected to pay more hundreds of pounds. I believe it may be more electrical than mechanical. What's your thoughts on the above? Does any one have details on the fuse box layout and which fuse number does what? The interior lights are now behaving weirdly. When driving at the night, the convenience lightning when entering the vehicle stays on.

Thanks in advance.

Mr J.N.
Appreciate 0