View Single Post
      11-29-2017, 01:08 PM   #62
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Cool, thanks for the sanity check on the mix. Yeah, I'd like to retire at 60.

Forgot to mention, I actually have a pension too! Through my first employer back in the day. it's not a ton of money and I try to forget about it as opposed to planning on depending on it, but it'll pay out nearly $1k/month from retirement till I'm dead. Not a bad little revenue stream.

I have no answers to the annuity questions. That's how little I know about it. I need to just call them ans say my broker is no longer in the picture so tell me all you can about what I bought in to. All I know is that it was a lump-sum deposit I made back in 2011 after I rolled my old 401K out from under my previous employer and needed a tax deferred place to stash it.
anytime you can get a guaranteed cash flow, it's a good thing. I too have a tiny pension from when I used to work in federal government (in my case it's literally back by the full faith and credit of USA). I estimate my payout is $675 per month. It's not much, but combine this with social security, and 401k and IRA distributions plus brokerage investments, it's just one more source of income, but guaranteed.