Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911S 2018

Natera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesm View Post
The test is called NIPT(non-invasive prenatal testing). Fetal DNA is obtained from the mom's blood and it can screen the pregnancy for Down Syndrome, Trisomy 18, Trisomy 13 and Turner Syndrome. It is the best screening exam available for now.
I do offer it to my patients but I do NOT get any kickbacks or anything from them. It can be done as early as 9 weeks. I do agree unfortunately between insurance companies and hospitals they are killing the healthcare system. Hope this helps....
But why does Natera acts this way? Why do doctors tell patients its $200 without the insurance and yet Natera bills insurance $8000? and then send the 2nd bill to patients for whatever amount they choose thats never $200?

How can one trust a company that lies from the very beginning?
I think if you tell them from the get-go that you will be paying cash for the exam, you will skip all this. Only reason they do this, I think...is because insurance companies low-ball you(big-time) for any service that is provided. They give out this insanely high amount so they will get paid 600-700. I have been paid 25-50 dollars for assisting in a high risk emergency cesarean hysterectomy procedure...terrible...
Appreciate 0