Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhippo View Post
Dogbone-
Thanks for the tire insight. I will be trying out the R1-S out next. My R7's lasted 4 days then got really slippery on the 5th day. They cycled out before they corded which seems the most common. Did you try lower pressure? Everyone I talked to runs them at much lower pressure than hoosier recommends, like 30 hot. I guess it doesn't really matter since it looks like you've moved on to Pirellis.
Interesting. 30psi hot is a full 10psi lower than Hoosier recommends.......that's just frustrating. And I'm not saying I don't believe you. All I'm saying is that I specifically called Hoosier and told them all the specs on my car---weight, power, aero, diff, and the type of use (time attack style--one warm up, 2 hot laps, one cool down and off the track), etc. They specifically told me to run at 33psi cold/40 hot. Did I get bad advice from the vendor? I don't know. The guy I spoke with was very knowledgable. I was not speaking with an intern. Anyway, running a full 10psi lower hot is so far from their recommendation, it's.....frustrating.

When possible, I do my best to find the proper way of running things from vendors. Usually I get pretty good advice. As I've said before, I don't come to motorsport with a deep well of knowledge, so I try to give myself the best chance for success by asking lots of questions from reputable places.
Appreciate 0