View Single Post
      03-27-2018, 07:24 AM   #19
OneLapper
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Steve View Post
OL, thanks for the update. That's certainly an improvement. My car is a CPO so I'm under warranty until 2020, hoping it fails before that. Another question. After install could you drive the car before it was programmed? I live three hours from a dealer.

In denial, I think that's one of the steps on the way to class action settlement.
After I installed the TC, the car immediately had a Chassis Stabilization warning. The car drove just fine, but AWD, etc, was disabled by the ECU. I drove it for a couple of days while I tried to figure out how to solve the issue. I'm a ex TDI owner and know how to get around them with a laptop, but the BMW is new to me and I don't have all the tools or time to figure out adapting new ECUs.

To any Xdrive owners that have found their way to this thread, you should know that my car developed the occasional "skip" while accelerating. I immediately assumed it was the problem that the OP here identified, but I will say it was difficult to nail down bc the car felt fine 98% of the time. I didn't have another Xdrive car to compare it to which made it more difficult to diagnose. Now with the new TC, the car drives seamlessly, at all times, even in 8" of fresh snow I never feel the AWD kick in as before.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you're reading this and you're questioning why your Xdrive feels a little odd, it's quite likely the TC. The good news is you can fix it yourself for $1500 if you can do some moderate wrenching. For those that cant or wont do the wrenching, the job should cost about $2000 less than it recently did.
Appreciate 0