Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Except that this is a speculation. Without evidence, you can try "common sense" all you want, will never win. And yes, actually most (especially the cheaper) aftermarket airfilters are crap! No advantages, only risk. Plenty of analysis and videos about it. On a stock engine - this is a suicide. Evidence available at the beginning the thread. Even if it did not cause the issue, which I also agree.
Nah you're right. Because more expensive OEM high pressure fuel pumps, injectors, water pumps, coolant lines, charge pipes, etc. are much higher quality and never fail. Right?

"On a stock engine this is suicide." ....

Please stop drinking the dealership kool-aid. Aloop lot of the companies that make aftermarket components are also OEM suppliers. It's ridiculous to think that a filter from a reputable company will blow your engine. The fact that you still think it lets larger debris through, much less debris large enough to damage your engine, shows how little you know. Meanwhile the factory engine configuration is shoveling oil vapor into the intake tract to be burned off. But it's just another part of the expensive OEM design, so it must be fine.
These 1950's tech air filters could let dirt in which scored the cylinder walls OR it could simply be an improperly seated filter.

Dealers want to get paid for warranty work so they don't have an incentive to deny work.

Also, they could be under the microscope for performing questionable warranty repairs.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0