View Single Post
      04-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #37
shubhammakharia
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i F30 N26

I am N26 as well, Hi5 on that!.

I am also on the edge about putting almost half a grand towards an intake for nongains. But I am equally very interested in sound gains, but not wanting to go over 300-350$ mark.

I do want it for better nosie and improved airflow, as in future (post-warranty) plan to track the car (+bolt ons).

Catch Can
So it is worth the investment. I plan to keep my car as long as possible, and thus the reason I have been curious about catch can. Where did you guys follow the install instructions? I am usually handy but scared to mess around with all those PVC's in a tight spot, advice? Did you observe any performance hits, and would you recommend to install one. sspade s3ri3s1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
After extensive research, I decided against getting an intake. As far as I can tell- the OEM intake is designed incredibly well and therefore there is no performance gain with an aftermarket unit. You will get an increase in sound potentially however which can be nice. I have also heard of people getting CEL when using an intake on this platform and then having to go back to stock later anyway.

BMS catch can was my first mod and has given me zero issues. Catches a bunch of garbage every 5k.

I am EWG. 2014 BMW 328i SULEV (N26)
Appreciate 1
sspade2476.50