05-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodrive View Post
I have a friend who works at a dealership and he let me drive 135 and the new M3 back to back on some curvy, fast roads. I had M3 at full power and on medium suspension harshness setting.

I could not take the car past 6k RPM because it wasn't broken in yet but at 0-6k the car felt slow. It was not dog-slow but the torque just was not there. The car felt much more solid then my 335 and the throttle response/control were excellent. I am sure once I can take the car to the higher RPM range it would impress me much more.
I drove the 135 right after the M3. This car has impressed me in every category as far is driving is concerned (still don't like the looks and the interior). It was just fast and very easy to control right out of the box. Generally it felt as if I knew exactly how to hold the car on the edge without feeling nervous about it. The rear end was easy to kick out to let the car slide around. My 335 and M3 definitely felt much heavier. Also 135 have really shown me how much understeer my 335 had. I need those tie bars ASAP.
I thought it was the other way around.
Appreciate 0