Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
Sorry, but it's obvious that you're just not informed about that market. I'm currently working on an order for a new C2S Cab. Well equipped, it will have an MSRP of around $163k. When I price a M8C vert, it comes out to $161k. No ceramic brakes on either car.

If you really understood the Porsche brand, you'd know that you never talk about a "fully loaded" car. In the case of my $163k C2S, it will be "very well equipped", but fully loaded - checking all the boxes - it would cost over $200k. If you've ordered a Porsche, you'd know that there are well over 200 options to chose from. Want the steering column or sun visors in leather? That's an option. Do you want the headlight washers in chrome or body color? There are three different extra cost options for the finish of the rear badge and five different finishes for the back of one of four types of seats available. No one buys a fully loaded Porsche. Many buy fully loaded BMWs.
Best example Porsche and BMW are no competition...lol
Thanks for pointing that out.

BMW is more Mainstream and definitely not in the same price league as P Cars.

On the M8 I am sure you can get a nice discount, not sure about the C2S.

BMW was always "cheap" or affordable when it comes to leasing, specially the M brand compared to Porsche, AMG or Audi RS.
If Porsche were that easy a jump, all of these members who always claim they'd be in a Porsche would be. They would've never bought a BMW in the first place.
I am personally moving to Porsche from BMW. Have a Cayenne on order after being really disappointed in the G05 X5 (and yes the Cayenne is costing me $23k more than the X5 and invoice is over six figures). I wanted to stay with BMW, as I had liked my F25, F15 and current G01, but they have gone away from good looks and athleticism and seem more concerned about the Chinese market (big grills) and capturing the Lexus demographic (weird steering and soft suspensions). Closing down the ED program, when it didn't cost them anything is just another bad move on BMWs part, they complain that only 500 people from the US do it, but did they compare how many US residents do PCD vs EU residents do the Welt? That is probably much closer in numbers, and would show they are being short sighted.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25301.50