View Single Post
      10-15-2020, 02:16 PM   #16
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me the breeze View Post
I beg to differ with the premise that the F34 shouldn't be modded. I see plenty of BMW SUVs that are modded. They will never get tracked but so what. Owners love BMWs so who am I or anyone to judge what should get modded or not?

My second point is that recent BMWs have gotten soft (OK not 4-wheel couches like Cadillacs or Lexuses) to appeal to a broader swath of buyers. In the process, BMW risks undermining its brand status as a performance marque. As good of a car as it is, there's still plenty of room for improvement. In fact, I would argue that the more modding the better because the aftermarket suppliers will continue to create more and better choices. If you are an enthusiast and have the means, please by add means keep modding and don't let the naysayers convince you otherwise.

Back on topic, I would love to hear from others what exhaust mods you've done so we can learn from each other.
Please see reference to noise versus speed in my post above. No discussion of other mods...this was about being "loud" in a Grand Touring vehicle. This is losing perspective based on generalizations.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0