View Single Post
      11-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #47
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrichierich View Post
I wanted to bring something up that is could potentially fit our N55 needs.

My boss has been working with Mercedes-Benz of Anaheim on a test cap for their Sprinter vans and other engines for boost leaks and etc. I showed my boss my creative product (designed by thejeremyman9 ) and it seems to be in very similar size. I recently bought a new intake and MST turbo inlet. Going to get those installed and at the same time test for boost leaks. Going to try to see if the aluminum cap that my boss made will work. If so, this will take out the guessing work for the guys that don't want to create their own using the PVC cap.
When I saw this thread bumped, i was like "oh man who has a boost leak now" lol. That's cool though.

When i installed MST inlet (and later TIC pipe), i found that testing with the MST is much easier in the sense that the silicone inlet is flexible enough to force in a tight-fitting pressure tester and it provides a much better seal than the OEM plastic. However one thing i also noticed is that the MST inlet itself seemed to leak after i built up 15-20 psi of pressure. I thought i noticed the same thing with the OEM inlet as well; just a slight hissing noise from that area (this was with stock TIC still which i was confident was not leaking). I couldn't tell for sure where it was coming from - either the orings that seal the inlet into the turbo or the silicone clamped on the metal piece that goes into the turbo. My hose clamp there was tight. I don't think its an issue since the inlet isnt made to hold boost, but just something to be aware of if you try to pressure test with MST and hear/feel area coming from the area where it goes into the turbo. I'm pretty confident i have no boost leaks based on my logs and the oversized orings i forced onto every single connection point lol.
Appreciate 0