MRTV
BMW Touring F31
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 Touring 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by icejim74 View Post
Hi Touring driver,

My problem did get fixed. It was a case of trial & error. Initially they said a new locking mechanism catch in the bottom [v-slot opening]. This was installed and improved it slightly, but was still only an intermittent fix. After every 10-12 open/closes it would not open again.

More investigation led to the cable from locking catch leading up to the solenoid motor which has an internal cam mechanism which controls the lockdown of the boot. This is located inside the boot on the left. This was replaced and all is now working as new. The cam mechanism/solenoid motor fault was also the reason to the internal light problems I experienced as it was confused as to when it was open/not open.

Total outlet for labour and the two parts was £560.00 [which includes the initial labour cost of £130 on my first visit to the garage]

Not sure what an FEM module is. All the issues/fixes above was in the rear of the car.

Hope this helps you out.
Hi There

thanks for your post on the tailgate problem. I am experiencing the same now. Was the solenoid the problem or the cable. Which was replaced. The solenoid or the cable. Also. do you know how to manually release the tailgate. Is this an easy job if I want to do this myself please
Appreciate 0