View Single Post
      05-31-2021, 08:18 PM   #70
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
I toured 15 apartment buildings in three days and the rent is nuts. I applied for a 616ft studio apartment in Lodo for $1650. There are solar panels on the roof and the building is lead certified so my utilities will only be about $50 a month. It's nuts that even all the way out in Columbine or Littleton rent is about $1500 for a 1x1. Then add up $150-$180 for utilities since it is an older building and the Lodo studio made a lot of sense (plus it is 0.7 miles to the huge Gates building on 15th ave that I will be working in for the next two years).

Denver is definitely a huge adjustment from PA. I lived in rural PA for the last two years and I was in a Philadelphia suburb for most of my life. Smelling pot everywhere and seeing a lot of homeless is something that will take a few months to get used to.

Also the only proper food store in the area in Whole Foods. Will I go broke shopping there?

That's not a bad deal for rent. I think rents have fallen downtown with Covid. That apartment probably would have been $2k before. Yes you'll go broke at Whole Foods. There's a King Soopers at 20th and Chestnut that will be much cheaper. The homeless problem and tent cities got much worse with all of the BLM stuff over the past year. Prior to that, it was tolerable. My office is downtown, and I haven't been there since Feb 2020. Not looking forward to going back.
2011 X5 35i BSM/Black - Retired
2011 335i Coupe Alpine White/Saddle - Retired (ED)
Appreciate 0