View Single Post
      10-07-2021, 06:44 AM   #12
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I've learned that dealerships really could care less about consumer complaints, especially within the realm of product feedback. As long as they are selling cars and making healthy profit, they are happy. If you say "E90," the overwhelming majority of employees at a BMW dealer won't even know what you are talking about. They've probably been working at the company for 2-3 years tops.

I know a couple old school BMW guys who've been in sales for several decades, but nobody else cares about the brand in the way we do.
I learned this the "hard" way. I loved BMW because my father raised me on them, and Toyota. They were always reliable, fun, and stylish. We had a pretty good relationship with our local dealer and SA because my dad bought quite a few vehicles from them and would have them do the major services while we took care of all the normal stuff. When it was my time to buy my own BMW I was truly shocked at how little anyone at the dealership I went to knew about BMWs. They could tell me about the newest models, but anything other than current options, they had no idea. I felt like I was trying to sell them their own cars.
Appreciate 0