Dr_BK
Dr. BK 2010 E92 328i
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BK View Post
From reading the entire thread, all I can say is your N55s have been angels to you. I am on my third N55 engine with bearing problems. Down here in Nigeria we just say "the engine has hooked". I never had the knock and exploding sound people have complained of. Mine just during normal drive just goes off and rolls to a stop and that's it. No crank or feels like a dead battery. You get a 22 socket wrench and can't turn the crankshaft.

Engine hook as we call it is the biggest BMW problems here in Nigeria. As we speak my N55 is in the workshop out of the car being coupled back together.
Have you ever done an oil analysis? There seems to be an outside contributing factor... maybe if conditions are very dusty, oil contamination or something? I think you are on the far end of the spectrum not everyone else who isn't locking up engines. PWG bearings could also be a factor, but even still
tell me about it! May be oil contamination down here. There isn't anywhere that offers oil analysis here. I will send pics through tomorrow. Engine is still out
Appreciate 0