08-02-2022, 04:50 AM   #1
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Windshield PPF saved my windshield today

So, I took a nice out and back, 250 mile drive, and on the out, I got a f@cking moon rock thrown at my windshield out of nowhere, and it sounded like a gunshot went off in my front seat. To the point, where it made me jerk my head to the side, thinking something was going to hit me. The rock left a little brown stain but it did not penetrate, or tear the PPF.

I looked around the windshield, and found a huge crater that didn't actually penetrate the STek DynoFlex that I had installed, on the outer windshield. If your windshield jumps out in front of rocks, like mine does, you may way to consider getting the windshield protected. I don't drive my car in inclement weather, so, I don't use the wipers on it. Prolonged use of wipers on it, would probably micro-scratch it. So, I just clean my windshield, by hand, when it needs it.

Some shops don't like to install it, because its not 100% optically clear. If you're of age, and have seen floaters in your vision, you may see something similar in the imperfections in the DynoFlex. So, with that being said, it's probably only about 98% optically clear. But this completely saved me from getting my windshield replaced, today, because this moonrock that hit my windshield, would have left one hell of a star crack.

Chicago Auto Pros did an amazing video on windshield protection film.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
chicagofan0019324.00
FISH225416.50
Seanhfx217.00
M4Tejas846.00