View Single Post
      08-03-2022, 01:02 PM   #30
OldDudesBimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14 328i xDrive+16 535i xDrive

My current regimen on my 2014 F30 has been 4 layers as such:

2 step correction\polishing - Meguiars 105/205 with orbital buffer - clear coat needed a good leveling after 8 years.

Ceramic coating on clean level base paint (2 coats, 24hr apart) - I've tried many with varying amount of "product". Trying the new and cheap Turtle Wax Ceramic this time. It's cheap, seems to work well, and I don't mind reapplying 2-3 times per year.

A good thick carnauba paste wax or rich wet liquid wax is the next layer. So many to choose from here. Chem guys, S100, Zymol, Collinite etc.

Finally, I use a 3 in 1 hybrid detailer on top of it all directly following, and then thereafter to keep it shining.

I know some that spend 3 to 5 times what I spend on products, but they never look 3 to 5 times better, or even distinguishable in most cases. In my book, the process and attention to detail are as important as the products used in many cases. And keeping after it once done. That said, of course there are cheaper inferior products. But there also are many very good value-based products on the market these days. My 0.02.
Appreciate 2