View Single Post
      09-09-2022, 10:20 AM   #26
carguy138
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly_Belly View Post
Dude thats nuts. Absolutely nuts. Cant believe you babied the car and still stun a bearing.

Btw now that my swap is complete i can give you guys a final number.

10k CAD for a used N55 from an M235I, 1.5k CAD for APR head studs and VAC motorsport bearings. and then you ad in Labour... Canada has crazy taxes so il spare you the final bill lol. But yea. i think 10 USD for engine and labour is an acceptable quote BEFORE you throw in any add-ons.

Carguy, because you go ahead the with swap. I have a question, do you plan on addressing the oil starvation issue? either with an MMR baffle or S55 pumps and pan?
Funny you should mention that because I've been heavily researching this. From what I've gathered, there isn't a good option for the E series N55 motors, especially with X-drive (which I have). S55 oil pump retrofits won't work because of the E-series power steering rack.

My option at this point would be to remove the front differential, separate front axles to only retain the outer hubs, remove center driveshaft, run x-delete (which I have) and install a RWD N55 oil pan. From there I could install a VAC oil pan baffle.

I have 700 miles on the rear Wavetrac LSD from diffsonline and haven't used the AWD in several years due to x-delete. I just need to decide if I want to commit to this route because it's fairly difficult to return to "stockish" if I decide to sell it in the future.

The whole ordeal is frustrating to say the least but I'm over it and now looking for the best path forward so I can enjoy the car again!
Appreciate 1