03-26-2023, 02:11 PM   #93
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytoplasm0671 View Post
Midway through a very similar build. I'm Mineral Gray RWD with the 6MT, MSport, Track Handling Package. Moving to 513m partially from your build thread. Am wanting to powder coat these big blue brakes a rich gold someday.

A just switched out the cat for an Active Autowerke cat and moved to stage 2 tune, which I will stay at for a while. Also about to switch out my clutch for the 550i clutch, and sway bars for slightly beefier versions. Any interest in performance upgrades?
yep down the road, same as with lowering the car. just waiting to leave NYC in a year. i had some big power cars in the past and I know what a waste it can be here in the city. I do almost no open highway driving, usually sitting in traffic. I honestly want to get some of those things done as well before even trying to get a tune. Car needs a 550i clutch, new coils and injectors for my peace of mind. I knew going into the car that ZF8 is better for making big power and that the 6MT tranny has synchro issues, and weak clutch… so i decided to first do a bunch of visual mods to get it to a visual state I like. I honestly rarely feel like my car is slow with the type of driving available to me, so I’m waiting til the power bug hits me naturally. Good luck with your cars upgrades!
Appreciate 0