06-27-2023, 02:10 PM   #17
Benny_Jack_428i
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortythirtyfive View Post
I didn't get much further at the time unfortunately, the amount of smoothing with filler required on the 3D print was taking around 2 days minimum per side, plus with the inflation on plastic filaments to print the price skyrocketed to around £180 for a pair, this was back in early 2022 so I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone up a tiny bit more.

If people are interested in a set I can probably finish them and post to UK addresses for around £200. I'm not sure what overseas postage would be, potentially another £25 extra maybe? I've only shipped to the US twice and it was around £45.

The problem with 3D printing these parts is I that only found 2 shops in the UK that I have found with a big enough machine bed that allows these to be made. They're a lot bigger than you would initially believe, due to the complex design a lot of supports have to be printed into the design which if done incorrectly you're left with a very wavy piece of plastic with what looks like veins running throughout it. With the above in mind it only leaves me 2 shops to use for printing these so the price point doesn't really have much budging room.

Ive Been looking for a pair of these online for ages after I saw a picture of car with them on! So much better looking than the bulky ones, do you still make these? If so how can I get my hand on a pair?
Appreciate 0